Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently asked questions
GENERAL (applies to Host, DJs or Crew Member)
- Experienced or confident standing up in front of crowds big or small
- Fun, positive with a love of all kinds of music
- Approachable - we’re dealing with members of the public here people!
- Organised (knowing ahead roughly how many teams, amount of supplies required, guestlist places, etc)
- Confident dealing with the occasional tricky customer
- Happy to mark papers, input scores onto a very basic Excel spreadsheet
- Able to travel around for gigs (car would be great but not essential) within your general region
- Approachable personality – deadpan is fine as long as you don’t scare people!
- Can follow a script but put your own personality into it
- Keep the pace of the quiz going, avoiding silences.
- Get into the music, get people up and dancing but not so it’s forced
- Push and promote the events across your channels
- Happy to help at the venue with setting up for the quiz
- We need a tech-savvy person with a laptop and DJ software,
- Happy to plug into the venue’s mixer with a soundcard or your own midi-mixer
- Owns an array of cables, adaptors for emergencies.
- Owns a mic (not essential as venue usually would have one but handy for back up)
- Happy to ‘push the buttons’ on pre-packaged quiz throughout the event.
- Most venues do require a bit of DJing after so you can fill your boots then!
- Keeping music, beds/jingles running smoothly in the right place
- Helping with AV or visuals set up, host or crew member can do this as well
- Has PLI and PAT Tested equipment (not always essential but some venues and some corporates do ask for this info)
- If you have your own PA/speaker system that’s a huge bonus especially for corporate bookings in your area, but not essential
OK HOW DO I APPLY?
EMAIL US AT: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org if you’re interested or if you want more info.